Will you be visiting a Farmer’s Market this weekend? Here are some tips to help you make the most of your trip!
Tips for Navigating a Farmers Market
- Prepare a shopping list, but be flexible. Wait to see what looks best before making any final decisions.
- If you are not familiar with the market, be prepared with cash, in case credit cards or checks are not accepted.
- For best selection, arrive early before produce is picked over.
- For a chance at lower prices, arrive late for possible deals on produce and other items the vendors do not want to bring home.
- If you purchase meat or dairy, ask the vendor to hold it for you until you are ready to leave. On warm days, it is best to keep a cooler in the car for your trip home.
- Be careful not to over buy. Produce is perishable and there is always another market next week!
- Most importantly, enjoy the season’s bounty!